25 February 2009

Oh the pizza I'll eat!

There are many things that I love about life.  I mean really, truly LOVE.  (I tend to avoid 'all caps' so if I use it, you know I'm serious.)  Rather than listing all of them, I will choose one for today...Food.  I simply adore food.  My dream is to be a great chef.  Since that is not likelyto happen in this life, I will be content with being a decent home-chef.  

To have truly great fun, I try concocting things from whatever happens to be in my fridge and cupboard.  This morning, for instance, as I frantically skampered around my kitchen trying to throw something in a bag for lunch, all while running late for work, I remembered that I had a half open jar of Classico Tomato Basil spaghetti sauce and a fresh loaf of Publix french bread.   Then came the hunt...I found some feta cheese, grape tomatoes, tuscan olives, pre-sliced pepperoni and cheddar cheese.  

Today at lunch this is the scrumptuous feast I consumed as slowly as possible to savor every bite.  It may not look like much, but oh my stars, it was delicious, delectable and down-right delightful.  

At this point, I shall wheel myself back to work.  It's a wonder I'm not the size of a barn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment