03 December 2010

Hendersonville delivered!

Hendersonville, NC delivered more than expected. It had a few shops that resembled the typical tourist trap, but they were few and far between. All in all the place had the feel of a shrunken Asheville. Artists, coffee shops, pubs and a view of the mountains round out a right nice little town.

The Black Rose Pub


This cozy little tavern is situated in the heart of the historic district. They have a decent beer selection with a few local brews to choose from. And I highly recommend the Spinach & Artichoke dip! I believe it's made with cream cheese, which makes it extra creamy & cheesy. Oh yeah!

The staff was very nice, albeit a bit slow. But it is a pub and most of the patrons plan to gather a few strands of moss while watching some foosball (yes, I said foosball) on the tube with a brew... so no big rush, right?
Black Rose Pub on Urbanspoon

The Black Bear Coffee Co.


Why can't we have a place like this in Jacksonville? It was lined comfy couches and chairs, the staff was fabulous, the scones & coffee were scrumptious, and the general ambiance was very relaxing...even while packed with people! I had a Blueberry Scone and, like a complete foodie dork, scarfed the thing down before I could take any pictures. I plate of sad little crumbs was all I had left on the table, but I walked out with a belly full of joy!



Aaahhhh... Well, that was all for Hendersonville! I wish we had more time to enjoy the city, but that just means we'll have to go back!

Happy Eating!

Black Bear Coffee Co on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment