24 December 2008

Any way the wind blows...

I suppose that is a good way to define the way the contents of this blog have changed.  How far I have deviated from what it was intended to be.  This is not a bad thing though.  The blog began as an outlet for me to vent the stresses that I experienced at home.  But I've turned over a new leaf.  

I am determined to find the silver lining in every cloud, to view the glass as half full, to see the light at the end of the tunnel...not sure if that last one was appropriate.  Anyway, each day I pray that I have to fortitude to endure with a blazing hope.  One of my favorite quotes defines the Greek word for endurance that is used in the Bible as this: 

“It is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with blazing hope . . . It is the quality which keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the hardest trial into glory because beyond the pain it sees the goal.”

I have a goal.  And a dream.  (That last bit was in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King)  So I am going to focus on that goal.  And endure each little agitation in my life with joy and not sighing...at least for the most part.  There's still a long way to go.

So my blog will keep its name and description because my life is still a story of love.  And to most who read this, monotony.  

Here's the video I watched today that somehow inspired this post.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment